Website of Oliver W. Shelksohn, D.O.
General Surgery Practice in Arizona and Idaho
Dr. Oliver W. Shelksohn, D.O. was an experienced and well-known Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) who practiced in multiple states
To learn more about Dr. Shelksohn’s experience, practice and types of surgeries performed, please continue reading and use the links below
Oliver W. Shelksohn has been practicing Osteopathic medicine for over 32 years. He received his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Nevada, Reno. He then attended Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine, receiving a degree in Doctor of Osteopathic medicine (D.O.). Doctor Shelksohn later interned at Detroit Osteopathic Bi-County Community Hospitals.
Doctor Shelksohn performed General Practice (GP) in Las Vegas, Nevada for several years before beginning his surgical residency. He later returned to Detroit Osteopathic-Bi County Community Hospitals for his residency in General Surgery. After completing his residency, Doctor Shelksohn began practicing General Surgery in Tucson, Arizona and continued his practice there for 25 years. Doctor Shelksohn relocated to Weiser, Idaho in October 2004, where he was employed as a General Surgeon at Weiser Memorial Hospital until August 2007. Doctor Shelksohn performed General Surgery at White Mountain Regional Medical Center in Springerville, Arizona from July 1, 2010 through August 1, 2011.
Awards and Titles
Oliver W. Shelksohn has been the recipient of many awards and has held numerous titles during his medical career. Some of these honors are listed below:
- Fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Member of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
- Member of Idaho Osteopathic Physicians Association (IOPA)
- Past president (and former member) of the Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association (1997-98)
- Former board member of Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation
- Former member of the Tucson Surgical Society
- Board Certified by the American Board of Osteopathic Surgeons
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS, and PALS Certified
D. and C.
Cystocele and Rectocele Repair